Monday, September 13, 2010

And so it begins in earnest...

It's always important to be earnest, according to Oscar Wilde.  And frankly, Oscar Wilde, aside from being a criminal butt-pirate, was a major badass.  So I'm fine with anything he says, mostly because he wore frock coats.  Or something.

Here is a fact: I am a senior in college, rapidly approaching that point in life where I have to think about the real world and what to do with my overpriced theatre degree.

Here is another fact: The only constant in my life has been film.  I watch movies and television about twelve hours out of the day: when I'm doing homework, facebook stalking freshmen, doing my hair, cooking dinner, falling asleep.  Basically when I am not actively in class or rehearsal, my Netflix instant queue or DVD drive is working as hard as I am.

(I realize now that those two facts are in no way related.  Whatever.)

And I have seen some weird stuff (True Blood.)  Some awesome stuff (Star Wars.)  Some terrible stuff (The Ugly Truth.)  Some terrible stuff that everybody thinks is awesome (The Breakfast Club.)  Some awesome stuff that everybody thinks is terrible (Speed Racer.)  And I just can't help from commentating on it.  All the cool kids are blogging now, and I always wanted to be a cool kid (so that's another constant in my life, I guess) so here I am, combining my love of movie-watching and writing about things in my trademark Lovecraftian style (check out http://iwl.me/ to see who you write like.  It's ridiculous but a good way to waste your time.  Like reading my blog.)

So stay posted for my, um, post on TiMER, a charming indie romantic comedy directed and written by Jack Schaffer.  (That link will take you to the IMDB page.  I saved you the time of Googling it.  You're welcome.)

And let me know if you have any suggestions/ideas for films to watch!  I'm up for anything, really!

Love
-Z.Cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment